2016 Rosamunde Students Concerts
Come join us for the students concerts!
August 24, 4:30pm:
- Core I Solo Recitals, Violin – Laudamus Auditorium,
- Core I Viola/Cello - Great Hall
August 25: 4:30pm
- Core II Solo Recitals, Violin – Laudamus Auditorium,
- Core II Viola/Cello - Great Hall
- 11:00am: Mini Rosie Solo Recital - Laudamus Auditorium
- 12:00 noon: Rosamundiade Chamber Music - Laudamus Auditorium
- 1:30pm: Mini Rosie, Core II Chamber Music and Orchestras - Laudamus Auditorium
- 1:30pm: Core I Chamber Music and Orchestra - Great Hall
Rosamunde Summer Music Academy is one of Canada’s newest programs for string players of all ages and skill levels! Rosamunde offers a tailored, high caliber musical learning experience in an idyllic and nurturing setting.
- Our 10-day Core Program, held this summer from August 17-26, is designed in accordance with a holistic philosophy that seeks to develop physical and mental well-being as well as musical and technical abilities and ensemble skills and is geared towards serious music students aged 10-24.
- We also offer shorter programs for beginners (Mini Rosie program, August 21-26) and adult amateur musicians (Rosamundiade program, August 20-26).
This year’s faculty is comprised of outstanding performers from across North America who have been hand-picked for their dedication to a supportive yet exacting teaching style. To encourage you to cultivate the connection between mind and body in your musical study, drop-in yoga classes round out the daily schedule.
The Rosamunde Festival (August 17-26, 2016), now in its 5th year, features our internationally renowned faculty in solo and chamber music repertoire. The significant number of student recitals that we offer also comprises a vital part of the Festival. All concerts are open to the public and free for Rosamunde participants.